MY 999.9 FINE GOLD BAR...REL CACTUS

Today is a special day.  Last week I bought a gigantic ECHINOCACTUS GRUSONII, otherwise known as the Golden Barrel cactus.  It arrived this morning.  Up to this time, I cannot contain my excitement.  I took pictures from when it arrived at my doorsteps; up to when it was placed in its designated position in my windowsill garden.  I want to run these photos down with you, something like "unboxing" through pictures.  So, without further ado, here's my 999.9 pure and fine gold(en) bar ... rel cactus:


I bought the small Golden Barrel from the seller I met in the Grow and Show Exhibit at the Parks and Wildlife in Quezon City.  The gigantic Golden Barrel is from the same seller.  It now sits comfortably in its pedestal.  By the way, the pot that the small Golden Barrel is planted on is from the artist and potter Jezzel Wee.  Lovely, isn't it?


This is how the package looked like when it arrived at my doorstep.  I booked Lalamove to pick up the cactus from a bus terminal in Cubao, Quezon City;  and to deliver it here in Pasig City.  I thought the weight would be manageable but it was too heavy for me.  The lobby security guard was gracious enough to carry the box up to my floor.


The plant was carefully packed in newspaper.  The guard carried the box leaning against his body to support the weight.  I thought that some of the soil would have been displaced from the pot because of the way it was carried.  But seeing how it was packed, I felt reassured that everything in there is fine.


Lo and behold!  When I cut through the newspaper, there it is - shining, shimmering, splendid!  The giant Golden Barrel cactus I have been waiting for.


I asked the seller to send me a big one.  When I talked to him, he said that he has some 16-inch barrels.  Naturally, I told him that I will be expecting that size.  I was doubtful at first because the picture of the barrel he sent me looked rather small.  I thought that I had no choice but to trust the seller.  Fortunately, the seller did not disappoint.  Indeed, the cactus that arrived has a diameter of about 16 inches.  I tried so hard to capture it on picture but it's really odd that the photo would turn out like this, short of 16 inches.  Must be the angle.


After a lot of cleaning in this corner of the living room, the Golden Barrel is now settled here.  it's odd but I felt a sense of accomplishment.  For sure, quite satisfying!  xoxo

I hope you enjoyed the "unboxing".  If you have any question please let me know.  Write your comments down below.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?

HAWORTHIAS ARE DEAL BREAKERS