PSYCHO WINDOW DRAMA

My windowsill garden could no longer accommodate all of my cacti lovelies.  In fact, some of the windows in my office have been graciously housing some of them;  and yet, I still need a bit of space.  The only place I can think of is my parent's old house.  It is actually my grandparent's ancestral house in Quezon City.  So, I decided to buy a cabinet-sized greenhouse that can shelter all of the small ones I have been nursing, and place it in one of the second-floor windows facing the morning sun.

Yes, again on a window.  The windows in the old house are really gigantic and could very well fit cabinets.  The house is from the 1950's and have these huge grilled windows.  I was eyeing the window in my youngest brother's room.  When the cabinet-sized greenhouse arrived and was assembled, my father stuck it in that window.  Naturally, my brother complained about this.

What caught me off-guard was my brother's reason for complaining.  That the cacti in his bedroom would make him literally sick!  I am sure that this is from something he read on-line about cacti being "unlucky" inside the house especially in the bedroom - that it causes sickness due to its thorns!!

I will not discuss here why I think and believe that this is UTTER NONSENSE.  After looking how the cabinet-sized greenhouse is sticking on the window, even if I moved it far to the left, it really is an eyesore and frankly inaccessible from that position.  So, I decided to just put it on the roof that is partially covering the first floor.  For the most part, it is now entirely an eyesore.  LOL.

Voila!  A rooftop greenhouse.

A greenhouse against a green house.  The first step towards an actual greenhouse.  And, the start of my cacti empire!

 The UV plastic cover looks sloppy, isn't it?  Oh, well.  This will do for now.

Employed the help of my sister-in-law to snap the UV plastic filter cover onto the tubular steel frame of the greenhouse.

If you like this post, why not subscribe to this blog?  Until next time.  Bye for now.  xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?

MY 999.9 FINE GOLD BAR...REL CACTUS

HAWORTHIAS ARE DEAL BREAKERS