Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?

My Santa Rita Opuntia has grown an ear.  Looking closely however, as the plant resembles a cat, the offshoot is more like a tail.  But that's not the interesting thing about this prickly pear of mine.  It travelled from La Trinidad, Benguet in the Cordillera Mountains to Manila.  The thing is, my best friend has held it in her hands in La Trinidad two and a half weeks before I bought it in the first Cactus and Succulents Convention in Manila.  Freakish coincidence?  Totally!!


Here is Cely, my best friend, holding the Santa Rita Opuntia.  On her tour of Northern Luzon, she visited the Living Gifts cactus and succulents nursery in Benguet on Labor Day, and posed for this picture.   When I saw this picture for the first time just a couple of days ago, I instantly recognized the plant.  That's my pussy cat!  My cactus, I mean.


See?  It looks just like a purring cat, isn't it?  This is how the Santa Rita looks like now.  Repotted obviously on a different pot and a tad bigger I suppose.  How did I know that the plants from the two pictures are one and the same?  Look for the scar on the upper right part of the bottom pad of the plant.  It is its distinguishing mark.  You couldn't miss it.  So, how should I call this coincidence?  Serendipitous?  Yes, quite serendipitous!

If you enjoyed this post, why don't you follow my blog?  Subscribe and leave a comment below.  xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY 999.9 FINE GOLD BAR...REL CACTUS

HAWORTHIAS ARE DEAL BREAKERS