HAWORTHIAS ARE DEAL BREAKERS

When I started collecting, I decided to focus on cacti.  They require less care and (I am sure of this) will thrive on my windowsill garden albeit nestled in a surprisingly humid urban jungle also known as my living room.  I was rather happy getting along quite nicely with my cacti for a few months now.  This deal so to speak however, was broken.  Because here came along the Haworthias.

It was my first time to attend a cactus and succulents convention.  It was a 3-day event at the UN Square Mall and Prince Hotel along the United Nations Avenue in Ermita, Manila.  I did not attend the talks but went on to see the booths selling cacti, succulents, gardening accessories and artisan pots.

On the very first day, the booth of a Taiwanese seller is jam-packed!  I went over to see what the brouhaha was all about.  There were Haworthias.  It was my first time to see those and jumped on purchasing three pieces for a thousand Pesos, adding them to the rest of my cacti loot.  The pruchase made a lot of sense to me later on when I learned that Haworthias are dubbed as the precious gems of the succulent universe, plus I got them for a bargain!  So, now.. for now, it's cacti plus Haworthias.

Here are my lovely bunch of Haworthias:




The event was the Cactus and Succulents Convention Philippines, the first one in the country, held last May 17 to 19.  Zong Li of Taiwan is an international breeder and seller of Haworthias.  The above species are hybrid.  Because there were so many buyers flocking around his booth, I was not able to ask him what species of Haworthia were cross bred in these fine specimens.  Maybe you can help???  Just leave your comment down below.  xoxo

By the way, the pots were also bought there in the convention for a discounted price of 60 Pesos each.  Aren't they gorgeous?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat, Where Have You Been?

MY 999.9 FINE GOLD BAR...REL CACTUS